Saturday, February 22, 2020

Too Little, Too Soon


This week has been the first full week of Live, On The Couch and I’ve realized a few things about the website . . .  there just isn’t all that much content for it. I have basically one weekly media review on the site and an indication that a second weekly post is coming. In the back of my mind all week there’s been this niggling thought that if I were attempting to seriously do this (as opposed to doing it for the assignment, which is still as serious take, just not in the same manner), I’d approach it slightly differently.
As touched on in my in-class discussion board post, I would work on developing content and try to get as much of a catalogue of content before considering monetizing the site. Just having barely a handful of reviews just isn’t a wide enough selection to know what Keywords to use (the purposes of this week’s coursework) to advertise the site properly.
I’d also work on building up a schedule where there’s more than one update per week. Possibly keep the one weekly round-up of what I’ve watched, but then add to it. Have one day that I’m discussing a favorite media type from the past, have another day in which I focus on upcoming movies, tv, books etc.
As good as those plans are, they just aren’t feasible within the confines of the class that only runs a semester. So, I will have to do the best I can with what I’m given. I’m sure I’ll do fine, but it’s good insight to apply to future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment