Thursday, January 23, 2020

Obligitory Introduction

If you've found this post randomly and unintentionally, I apologize to you and assume you'll just move along.
If you've found this post intentionally, I apologize and wonder what it is you are thinking.


Regardless, this is the first post of a blog that will be used as a journal of types through the work I do in one of my on-line classes. I am a student at BYU-I and taking a class, Web Business Creation (or Web Business Development? I can never remember, but the titles are synonymous), a have been assigned to make a blog and use it for my reflections.


This week the coursework was involved in setting up a Google Ad Words account and learning the Keywords features. And a synopsis of what and how the concept of a web business is and how it differs from a regular brick and mortar business.When I first saw the details of what would be involved with the class, and the requirement to actually set up a on-line business that would be functional, it was a bit intimidating. But, I feel that now the pendulum has swung the other way. I thought about what I could do for an on-line business, decided on that, and one portion of an assignment this week has suffered for it.

Brainstorming up to twenty ideas of what I could do for an on-line business, just to then narrow it back down to one tho decide on what I want to work on when I've already decided was an impossibility.I can't see myself being passionate about any business idea other than the one I've decided on.

What idea? Setting up a media review website where I can talk about the books, tv, movies, etc I've watched or read. Now, with this website in addition to a regular text blog post, I will also have a link to my youtube channel where I will post recording of my Twitch Streams. In the twitch streams, as I play video games (another passion), I will discuss those media items. chat with any live viewers I have and ask about what media they've consumed.

Maybe one day I'll remember to tell the story of the Parmesan Fight . . .

Originally published 01/16/2020, Post title added 01/23/2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment